(in conjunction with the NACAC National Conference)
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Toronto, Ontario Canada
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You can download IECA's 2013 Transitioning to Private Practice brochure here.
Registration for this workshop is being conducted by NACAC through their 2013 National Conference registration system. To register for IECA's 2013 Transitioning to Private Practice Workshop, click here.
IECA has designed this full-day training program specifically for school-based college counselors and college admission representatives exploring a transition to private practice. It is not designed for those who have already established a private practice. The program will explore topics such as how to set up a small home- or office-based business, how ethics and credibility issues impact those working independently, and how to write a personal "Transition Plan" to guide you through the process. The training program will take place one day prior to the NACAC conference in New Orleans.
This workshop is open to all admissions and counseling professionals and prospective independent educational consultants; membership in IECA or NACAC is not required, nor do you need to be registered for the NACAC Conference to attend.
Transitioning Workshop Program
1. Know Yourself: ethics, financial and personal goals
2. Know Your Role: and how it varies from working for a school or college
3. Know How to Interact with Students and Families as an independent educational consultant
4. Know How to be an Entrepreneur
Panel: Ask the Faculty
5. Know How to Sell Your Services
6. Know How to Set and Deliver Services: service delivery models
7. Know the Ethics of Independent Educational Consulting
8. Know the Path to Success
Transitioning to Private Practice College Consulting and program curriculum copyright © 2013 Independent Educational Consultants Association